For the client we are designing an Ipad app which uses audio to improve language development for stroke patients with aphasia. The app is being designed for those who have had Ischaemic stroke, It is for users who’s levels of language and sentence construction is impaired.
This app will be suitable to use both indoors and outdoors, it does not need to be limited with stroke patients but can also be used with patients of other speech impairments and disabilities.
The app will feature preset sentences and words which are most commonly used in a day, a custom keyboard which will be visually easy to see, with suggestions and a “Talk” button to speak whatever you have typed or selected. It will also have a “Listen” which when pressed, will recognise what the user is saying and construct it to make sense of it.
The app will let you save words and sentences that you have made, it will also have a history and a “most used” section. The app will give you the ability to change colours and voice tones, pitch, ect. All words will be coloured differently depending if it is a noun, verb, ect.
- The system should be an iPad app (iOS) for stroke patients
- The system is for those who have had Ischaemic stroke, it is for users who’s levels of language and sentence construction is impaired so it a combination of multimedia, particularly audio
- The system uses speech-to-text and text-to-speech (Microphone)
- The system user interfaces will employ zooming in and out, contrast and colours and outlines of words.
- Built-in siri system
- Custom keyboard with a contrasting design with “Talk” and “Speak” buttons
- Give the user the ability to save and delete certain words or sentences
- Load or create your own categorised tabs, preset are available.